Friday, April 20, 2012

Shooting the AR

So, did I mention that this was my first time shooting an AR?  Really, it was my first time shooting a rifle larger than a .22

A tiny difference.   (Pic stolen from "The Firearm Blog")


Yah...

Did I also mention that the WMA range only has 100 yard targets?

Right, so, now that we are on the same page, you'll understand my excitement that I hit the target!  Three times even!  Out of the 15 rounds that I shot.

Why you ask did I stop at 15 rounds?  Well, you see, I'm not a big, strong, meaty guy.  I'm a little, bony girl.  This rifle has no recoil pad.  15 rounds was all my little shoulder could handle!

We will definitely be purchasing a recoil pad in the near future.  Debating between one to put on the rifle itself or the spiffy under-shirt girly ones.  Anyone have an opinion? 

Husband shot rather more than I.  But then the main reason we went was to make sure there were no problems and to check the zero on it.  He also hit the target rather more than I did...after adjusting the sights.  He did miss completely with the first full magazine.

What?  I can't use his as a tool and then take advantage of his work on getting the sights just so?

All in all, it was fun.  I want to do it again.  But maybe I can also try it at say...50 yards? 

Also, not to self, need better binoculars for 100yards...that's a long walk to learn that there are no holes in the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment