Friday, October 28, 2011

Does a Stylish Range Bag Exist?

One of the first things I determined after deciding that I would have my own hang gun, is that I'd need a range bag.  There's a lot of stuff to take with you to the range to shoot and it was going to need a home.  This is where I ran into my first frustration.  I had a girl moment and knew exactly what I wanted.  First, I didn't want a boring black bag.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a non-black range bag?  The ones I did fine were either huge, had not internal pockets and storage compartments, or just weren't right.  I also really wanted blue.  Yes, I'm picky.



Here's what I did find for the other girls our there hunting for a fun range bag.

I fell in love with the the evoltion bag from iShot but $100+ for a bag?  I don't even pay that for a purse. 

I also loved the Beretta bag on the Girls<3Guns site.  This site also has a great overview of styles and types of bags. But I wasn't quite willing to shell out the $50+ just to have a blue bag.

Then I found this.  Talk about lust.  But the pink!  A touch too girly for me.  I'm thinking perhaps I can get the local place to embroider my bag...

Bulldog Cases has some pink range bags, but I'm not a pink girl.Plus it seems to be only their smallest bags, I don't know about you, but I need more space!

Upland will custom make bags in various colors, sizes, etc.  But being new I didn't want to spend the money on a custom bag.  Plus I don't know exactly what I want.

I found several recommendations to use a diaper bag, they come in lots of colors and sizes, plus have all the little pockets for organizing.  Unfortunately, locally I only found either very large, Winnie the pooh, or otherwise too baby centric designs.

Just came across the Bang Bang Boutique today.  Wish I'd found it earlier! They have exactly what I was looking for.  Ah well, for the future perhaps.

So, what did I ultimately end up with and where did I find it?  Would you believe Lowe's? It's not blue, but it's got lots of pockets and storage spots, and is super sturdy.  Plus, it didn't cost an arm and a leg, and isn't a boring black bag.  For now, it's perfect.  In the future...

Oh, and I'm definitely ordering one of these to go in it.  Gotta have a little girly fun!  My favorite is the blue toile.  What's yours?
NotyourDaddy's Handgun case in blue toile




2 comments:

  1. OOohhh I love this topic! I shot guns and actually am just one step away from having my concealed permit (just paying the $) passed the test! I would love to hear what you find, I don't have my own gun accessories. I do have my own handgun though! It's very nice!

    Love shooting- great stress releif!

    http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bre, what gun do you have? I'm on the hunt and am trying to look at as many as I can and get recommendations on what others like and why.

    ReplyDelete