Friday, December 2, 2011

Beretta CX4 Storm

This is really a guest post.  My husband picked this out at the range to rent while I was practicing for my CCDW test.  I put 5 rounds through it and found it comfy and easy to aim.  But he used it much more, so I'll let him describe it more.



 Specs:

  • Length: 29.7 Inches (without the adjustable stock spacers)
  • Width: 2.5 Inches
  • Height: 7.5 Inches
  • Barrel Length: 16.6 Inches
  • Line of Sight: 12.9 Inches
  • Weight (unloaded): 92oz / 5.75lbs
  • Caliber: 9mm
  • Capacity: 15
  • Action: SA
  • Stock: Synthetic
  • Recoil Pad: Rubber
  • Sights: Ghost ring rear with adjustable post front

"A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to shoot the Beretta CX 4 Storm.  For those not familiar with the CX 4 Storm, it is a carbine that can be chambered in 9mm, .40, and .45.  The model that I shot uses the same magazine as the Beretta 92FS and was chambered in 9mm.  Though this carbine is chambered in a pistol caliber it still shot superbl.  I put 50 rounds downrange without any failures and my only issue was with the attached optic which took a few shots to get used to.  The stock carbine has open sights that feel intuitive to the average shooter. With the CX4 the ejection is switchable from left to right as the used sees fit which is a boon to left hand shooters.  During the test I shot at 10 and 25 yards with good grouping.  This carbine is small and easily handled by even my small wife who fired a few well placed shots at 15 yds.  This is not a replacement for a rifle with high velocity rounds, but would be a nice addition to a home defense selection."

2 comments:

  1. Very very nice. So many new things I want to add to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even just getting started, I know this is going to be crazy. So many wonderful toys!

    ReplyDelete