Friday, December 16, 2011

KY History Museum: Part 3

These last two guns were unique in some way and didn't quite fot into the time line, so I thought I'd give them their own post.

First up, a pistol found during excavations at the old capitol building.  They have done several excavations of the privy areas and found quite a variety of items, including a woman's wedding ring.  This pistol was also found.
 

The one in the box, laying flat, is the actual found pistol.  The top, upright, on is a similar pistol to show what it should look like.





Next up is the cane gun!  This cane belonged to one of Kentucky's former governors.  It has a reed outer case and has a 28" barrel.  More info and a better picture can be found here.


  
And that concludes your photo tour of the firearms of the Ky History Museum.  I hope you've enjoyed the ride.  I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area and interested in history.  There's lots more to see than just the guns.  I'm sure husband and I will go back before long, if only to visit the Military History Museum.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment