Wednesday, December 14, 2011

KY History Museum: Part 1

The museum is laid out as a time line, and most of the weapons we was were in the first half or so.  My understanding is that the more modern firearms are housed in the Military museum.

My apologies in advance for the blurriness and bad light on some of these, taking pictures of things behind glass is not my forte.  Honestly I was surprised that no one ever came up and told me we couldn't take pictures.

If you want better pictures and more detail, plus items that weren't on display, you can search the museum's object collection here.


The fist firearms was from the late 1700s.  Before that there were arrowheads, an atlatl, and a few other 'primitive weapons'.  Very interesting, but not the focus here...








 









Then on to the 1800s with a rifle reportedly used by Daniel Boone.




 Come back for more tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment