Friday, December 23, 2011

A new awareness

Some people who start carrying mention becoming more aware of their environment.  Who and what is around them, safety concerns, etc.  I haven't started carrying yet (though my snap-pak finally came in the mail!) so haven't expereince that yet.  But I do find myself more aware of firearms in TV and movies.




It's not that I didn't notice them before, but now I'm 'aware.'  I find myself trying to see what weapon a person is carrying, counting shots, and more.  But especially, I find myself annoyed by sound effects.  It's amusing now to hear the cocking sound while seeing a pistol without an external hammer.  Or hear a racking slide without seeing any hands move.


You'd think that in some of these big budget thing they'd make an effort to do the research and get it right.  Ah well.  I figure it's just one more thing to giggle to myself about.  I already find lab scenes and animal work (especially riding) to be amusing. 

What things do you see on screen and giggle or complain (if you are like my husband) about?

No comments:

Post a Comment