Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Beretta PX4c

I've had this little guy on my list for a while, just hadn't gotten there yet.  But, I finally made time!  The range had three to rent, a full size, compact, and a sub-compact.  I went with the 9mm compact, small, but not too small.


Specs:

  • Length: 6.8 Inches
  • Overall Width:1.4 Inches
  • Height: 5.0 Inches
  • Barrel Length: 3.2 Inches
  • Line of Sight: 5.2 Inches
  • Weight (unloaded): 27.3 Ounces
  • Caliber: 9mm
  • Capacity: 15+1
  • Action: DA/SA
  • Trigger Pull: 5.5lbs

Super comfy.  I really like this one.  I was able to be very accurate, really, this is the most accurate I've been with any rental so far.  Whether that's the pistol or just more range time overall, I'm no sure.  The safety took some getting used to since most of what I've played with so far does not have an external safety.  I just had to keep saying 'red is dead' every time I picked it up or put it down to remind myself to flip the safety.  I think it would become habit very easily though.  I felt very little recoil when firing. I had hoped this would be the case, as this pistol has the rotating barrel system that is designed to minimize recoil.

Only issue was one FTE and several attempts by the gun to double feed.  I'm chalking it up to a dirty range gun for the time being.  Husband was watching and said he didn't see any form problems from me or any limp wristing.  I'll be trying it out again to see if it's me or the gun or just the combination thereof.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like DA/SA guns with a safety, and taking it off becomes reflex if you do it with every magazine at the range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband also like the external safety. I like the idea of it, and by then end of the hour we were shooting I was remembering it better. With time, I think it would be second nature.

    ReplyDelete