Thursday, December 15, 2011

KY History Museum: Part 2

The museum was designed to be very interactive, there were drawers to pull open to leanr more about certain artifacts or answer questions.  There were rooms set up to replicate buildings and camps and such from the time depicted.  I had quite a bit of fun checking corners and doors and drawers to be sure I didn't miss anything.  I was playing around like a kid!

These are som of the items I found in those hidden nooks.  Not as much info on the plaques about them, but I enjoyed the game of hide and seek.
One section had items related to various occupations, farrier, seamstress, etc.  Only one of these had a gun and you might be surprised which one!






This guy was ticked into a back corner quite nonchalantly.  Doesn't every home keep a rifle by the fireplace?

I don't remember the display this was in, but it was gorgeous!



These last two were in the "Violent Times" section of the museum.  Right next to the moonshine still. 





I have two more items for tomorrow then I'll be done... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment