Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gun Show Haul

After a quick trip south to visit my parents for Thanksgiving, we headed back north.  On the way, we got a call from some friends asking if we were in town and if so were we going to the gun show?  Well...we didn't get back in in time to go Sat, but that didn't stop us making plans for that Sunday morning!


This was to be Missy's first gun show, and she had a fair bit of fear to overcome, as she had a bad experience with guns as a child.  I'm hoping to get her permission to post her story here.  Especially now that she's decided to learn to shoot!  It was interesting to see her body language change and visibly relax over the couple hours we were there. 

So, was it a successful outing? Well, we didn't some home with any new guns, but our friends bought a Walther P22 for Missy to learn on.  We are headed to the range Tuesday for her first lesson.  More on that later though.

Husband and I came home with a couple of books: SAS survival guide and  The Cornered Cat by Kathy Jackson.  I love her website and couldn't resist when i saw her book.  I'm more than halfway through already.  It's a great read. 

We also ended up with new combat gloves for him, he got a pair last year and wears them several times a week sparring with his Kung Fu students.  At the price of $10, they are cheaper than 'real' martial arts gloves, and he likes them better too.  Win-win!  I also got a spiffy tactical cleaning kit that's self contained and small enough to drop in my range bag, but still has everything I need and then some.  I'll consider it an early Christmas gift, just don't expect me to wrap it, I'm using it!





No comments:

Post a Comment