Monday, November 14, 2011

Beretta 92FS

This is my husbands preferred gun.  He's had it for longer then I've known him and easily put 10,000 rounds through it.  It was my first real experience with a handgun.





Specs:
  • Length: 8.5 Inches
  • Overall Width:1.5 Inches
  • Height: 5.4 Inches
  • Barrel Length: 4.9 Inches
  • Line of Sight: 6.1 Inches
  • Weight (unloaded): 33.3 Ounces
  • Caliber: 9mm
  • Capacity: 15+1
  • Action: Double/Single
  • Trigger Pull: 8.2lb DA / 4.6lb SA
The 92FS, like most Berettas has an external hammer and an active safety, which makes it look like a 'classic' pistol.  Much less blocky than a Glock.  But, while looks are nice, function is the major factor.

For me, this gun is awkward.  I'm not able to explain exactly why.  The husband thinks I'm silly, since it's like an extension of his arm...

The grip isn't that much larger than the Glock 21, which I find fairly comfortable.  I do have to shift the gun in my palm to hit the magazine release or the slide lock, which may be part of why I find it a touch awkward. It's also a fairly heavy gun, compared to everything else I've shot.

I don't find it to have much recoil, and the gun comes naturally back down to the target after each shot.  It's a nice gun, easy to shoot, and the bullets go mostly where I want them to...but it's just not 'my' gun.  Beretta does have a very similar, slightly smaller pistol in the PX4.  I'm hoping to get to try it out soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment