Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Weekend Away


I had to run down to Nashville for a work errand at the end of last week.  Since it was a Friday, I convinced my husband to hop in the truck with me and spend the evening and Sat morning with some friends in the area.  After a relaxing afternoon at the Nashville zoo, we headed out to their house and met up with Seth (also a gun guy). 

While waiting for Gwen to get home from work, we got to chatting about firearms, as you do.  He brought out  acouple of .22 match rifles that he had recently purchased.  It was mentioned that I had never shot a .22, and off we went to the back yard (they live in a nice rural area) to shoot.   Lots of fun ensued (I declared that scopes feel like cheating!), followed by dinner and wine, and relaxing around a fire. 

The next morning, the boys and I proceeded to shoot lots of guns (I have a list so that I could remember them all!) while Gwen ran out to the farmer's market.  It was a lovely way to spend a crisp Fall morning with friends.  We finished off with lunch at a local BBQ place before heading north.

So, as you can tell, I have lots of guns to give you my opinion on, you'll be hearing all about them in due time, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment