Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jeopardy!

I'm watching Jeopardy tonight, and Alex introduced the first round categories, one of which is Handguns.  After which he says 'ooh' before moving onto naming the next category.  This surprised me. I don't watch Jeopardy often, but I don't think I remember him editorializing like this before.  My question is why?  It can't be that he thinks the category will be difficult, that's the point of the show.  So then, is it because handguns are "scary"?  The contestants managed to answer all except the $1000 clue correctly.  I guess they are comfortable with handguns, at least in knowledge. 

Can you get them all right?  I'll post the correct responses tomorrow.

$200 - "Head to the Gene Autry Western Heritage Museum to see this woman's pair of gold-plated six shooters"

$400 -"'Weekend' slang name for a cheap & easily obtained handgun"

$600 -"The Handgun Violence Prevention Act was named for this former press secretary"

$800 - "Weighing about 5 lbs., 1847's "Walker" model was the heaviest handgun ever made by this company"

$1000 - "This Olympic event utilizes both a pistol & a sword, but not at the same time"

No comments:

Post a Comment