Monday, November 21, 2011

H&K p2000

Rented this a couple weeks ago at the range and am just now getting to writing up my thoughts.





Specs:
  • Length: 7.0 Inches
  • Overall Width (w/o Slidestop Lever):1.34 Inches
  • Barrel Length: 3.66 Inches
  • Sight Radius: 5.59 Inches
  • Weight (unloaded):1.5lbs
  • Caliber: 9mm 
  • Capacity: 10
  • Height: 5.04 Inches
  • Action: SA/DA
  • Trigger Pull: 4.5/11.47 Pounds
  • Frame:Polymer
I went in thinking I'd fall in love with this little pistol.  Unfortunately, that was anything but the way it went.   The p2000 is a little bigger than the Walther PPS that I tried previously, and you could feel that in hand.  It just fit better.  Saddly, that did not translate to better ability for me to hit the target. 

I know I'm new and not skilled and such, I expect to miss at times.  But considering I do pretty well with most pistols I pick up, I get rather frustrated when I put 10 rounds down range and only find 6-8 holes in the target...and those not all together.

In addition, this gun has the most infuriating mag release ever.  I knew going in it was under the trigger like the Walther, but the angle, stiffness, etc of the p2000 release was horrid.  I had to practically turn the gun sideways and use the thumb of my right hand with the other fingers braced on the butt of the gun to get it to release.  Perhaps there's a trick I missed?

Sigh, I had fallen in love in my head, it's such a pretty little pistol.  Ah well, it just means I get to keep looking and trying more guns right?


1 comment:

  1. The HK P2000 pistol design incorporates the latest innovations in ergonomics to allow better shooter comfort and accuracy. As is true of most HK pistols, the P2000 can be custom tailored for fit with interchangeable panels on the grip.HK P2000 pistol has great features and advanced technology.

    ReplyDelete